SHANTI ARTS PUBLISHING is devoted to producing beautiful and compelling books related to art, nature, and spirit. We publish trade books, art books, photography books, artist monographs, exhibition catalogues, gift books, and children's picture books; non-fiction and fiction. Most of our books are distributed both in print and digital format. We work closely with our authors and artists, both on book production and marketing. The details:
1. There is no submission deadline. We review submissions as they come in.
2. Submissions may be submitted online or through the mail. Please do not send materials through email. Online submissions must be done through Submittable. If you choose to send us your materials through the mail, please print your work in a presentable manner on paper that is 8½ by 11 in size and be sure to number your pages. Send your materials to: Shanti Arts Publishing, 193 Hillside Rd., Brunswick, ME 04011
3. Please do not email or call us to ask about the review process or results. We will email you when we have made a decision regarding your submission or when we have questions. We generally respond within three months.
4. If you mail your materials and wish to have them returned, you must include a return mailer with adequate postage. Otherwise, materials will be destroyed after review.
5. All decisions as to whether or not to publish your work are final.
6. A complete submission should include the following:
(a) a brief description of your book project;
(b) an outline of the book contents or annotated Table of Contents;
(c) the names of authors/editors/artists involved;
(d) a description of how the authors/editors/artists would help market and sell the book; and
(e) if you have art to be included, please send two or three sample images; or
(f) a description of the kind of art you think would work well.
If we are interested in your book project, we will contact you to request a manuscript in print or pdf form. If your book is not yet complete, we will want to see a partial manuscript and may delay our final decision until a final manuscript is ready. Once we agree to consider publishing your book, we will complete and submit to you a project plan. After reaching agreement on the project plan, we will prepare a contract.